This book is a masterpiece written by Dale Carnegie. The public speaking skills introduced in the book are very useful and practical. I found that I can always refer to the book and rely on the skills when I’m overwhelmed by some lectures’ preparation.
Besides the speech skills, I also found that the diction used in the book is elegant and beautiful. That’s why I read the book twice since March. The method I read it is really to read out loudly and audibly. As said here, reading it is an enjoyable experience and a boost for me to improve my English reading and writing skills.
So what is my plan to improve my public speaking skills? At the moment, I don’t have many chances to do speech. However, I found below occasions should serve my purpose and sharp my speech weapon well.
- Seize every opportunity for presentations and meetings at the company. Do homework in advance, and make sure to understand each issue thoroughly beforehand.
- Read morning revival materials. If I go to Church, do prophesy. Prophesy at the mingled language church meeting.
- Prepare several versions of self-introduction for various occasions – church, company or business, and a generic version.
- Use the blog as a tool to organize and tidy my thoughts.
- Think the possibility of Youtube personal channel.